Saturday, August 01, 2009

Surprise...

Well, for the past month or so we've been participating in the produce co-op. I love it!!! Yes, love it!

We get the usual suspects, lettuce, spinach, cantaloupe, apples, bananas, celery etc. but we ususally get something else...something that takes one out of their comfort zone. Previously, it's been zucchini, squash, bok choy, and this week........artichokes!

I know the kids usually don't eat them (I use the marinated kind in dinners) but they don't mind the flavor. I might get them to eat one since it's fresh and you dip them. Kids love dip...of any kind. Ketchup, ranch, mustard, whatever!

I am thrilled to try it out...I have already "googled" how to cook them and other recipies. Sometimes I don't even know what to do with the stuff I get. It's awesome. I love to cook and bake....just don't know how most of the time. It's great and so far the recipes have been a hit.

Now I just have to get more propane for the grill :)

No comments: