Monday, August 03, 2009

On a happier note....

Houghton is 9 today. Wow...where'd the time go. He's such a great kid. He's sooo unassuming. He really was ho-hum about the whole thing. He and I went to see G-Force...actually a cute movie. Then we came home and he played wii. We even went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner(he's been asking for that for a while) We then watched Star Wars Episode II...(he received the first 3 episodes on DVD) Then it was bedtime already. Where did the day go...just like that....

He's getting so much bigger/mature...the poor guy has to remain calm in the wake of his sister. She's the personality....I really have a hard time reading him sometimes and I wonder how I'm doing (in his eyes). I'm not sure I really want to know the answer. He will be brutally honest I'm sure.

School starts next Monday and I think he can't wait to get back to his friends. He's had a lonesome summer so we'll see.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

First of all, Happy Birthday Houghton! I remember the day he was born and can't believe you and I have 2 big boys now. It sort of freaks me out at times. I'm also wondering how the job interviews went.

Molsmomof3 said...

Tell me about it...I saw your pics from Florida...I can't belive how grown up those 2 look! I bailed on the teaching one, I just didn't have it in me and they were just way to eager and weird! No good vibes there. I did receive a job offer from Express Scripts and I accepted it...YAY...I start next Monday the 17th.

Kathy said...

Great News! That was so quick. I am sure you are so relieved. Now wish me luck too. Florida was fantastic but I am still just too tired to blog about it. What's there to say anyway? Lots of amusement parks, walking, sore feet, hot sun, and good times.