Tuesday, May 26, 2009

SNOT

I don't know what to do. Mary has had green nasty boogies and a cough to boot for at least 2 weeks. I know the weather is crazy and we've taken her to the doc but she just finished her 10 days of antibiotics and still...nasty. He says her lungs are clear and her cough is from the post nasal drip. She sounds so bad I know when we're out in public or around other kids and she coughs we get nasty stares. I can't help it. I try not to do much with them anyway but you can't avoid it. Simon is snotty too...his is definitely post nasal drip or such because you just want to clear your throat for him. We are using sinus washes which seem to offer a little relief. But with Houghton's asthma and the kids and their allergies (Paul too) I can't help but wonder if it's something else. We keep having this problem. I keep wondering if medicating everyone is just masking the real problem. I just don't know what that might be or where to begin. I can't help but be influenced by the horror stories of Mold, pesticides, old paint etc. I also am ready to rip up the carpet and have the ducts cleaned. It's expensive but I am getting really fed up with all the coughing and snotty noses.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

We're suffering here from allergies too. It sucks! I hope the kids feel better soon.