Friday, May 22, 2009

Dilemma

So, while out on maternity leave I discovered that Walgreen's is going to lay off pharmacy technicians when they have some restructuring done. That means we don't know when that will be. I do know that I have to decide whether or not to choose the voluntary separation package by Monday at 5pm. I will still be able to work until the demand decreases (possibly around Aug). I unfortunately have so many what if's with this whole situation I am a wreck. I don't really want to job hunt again (I have 8 yrs w/walgreens) and yet, I don't want to compete with some subjective "assesment" process they have in place to keep your job. Yes, if you want to keep your job you have to basically go through an interview process all over again, and then possibly you could keep your job. So, I could go through all of this and still be laid off. The voluntary severance package is twice as good as the 'non-voluntary' package so now I have to gamble.

I am not a gambler. I play the nickel slots in Vegas and get a dime....I'm done...doubled my money moved on. I just don't feel comfortable doing that. So being sleep deprived and returning to work this week, I am an emotional wreck....I need a good cry.

No comments: