Friday, May 22, 2009

Disappointment

Well, as the school year has drawn to a close, I am happy to say we have lessend our activities. Including Choir and Swim. Houghton is taking a break from swim due to scheduling issues.

With the choir we signed him up for summer voice lessons. One hour 4 days a week (just for one week).

We received his promotion letter yesterday in the mail. He was asked to stay back in the training choir again. He was disappointed (as I was) but he took it better than me. I know when he sings around the house it sounds more like me than Paul, but hey he's still my baby. I am trying to take it in stride like Houghton did. He was super. He shrugged it off and looked at the positive. I am amazed at how well of a job Paul and I have done. I on the other hand, want to really ask why is my boy not good enough?? I get defensive and feel really bad. I guess that's the protective mother in me.

Taking a cue from Houghton though, I am going to look at the bright side.....He won't be going away to camp (I wasn't ready for that yet!), I don't have to spend money on a new polo shirt (the pants are already too short!) The tuition cost doesn't go up! So really those are ok reasons and I am trying to get over it.

No comments: