Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A New addiction...

Well, I have to say it all started at Costco. While shopping for our summer road trip, I spotted this bag that whispered to me...."take me home" and who am I to deny? So, I put the extremely large bag of Tootsie roll midgees in my cart and brought them home with me. I thought "how can you go wrong with a fat free chocolate treat?" Well, I have single-handedly (minus maybe a handful I shared with the kids) finished the Gigantic bag of midgees. An addiction? I say 'yes'. Only because I am now sitting here wondering how I am going to get more.....That for sure makes it a problem. I cannot think of anything else that really satisfies my chocolate craving though...without a whole lot more calories. I have not calculated the calories for the entire bag which I probably do not want to know. I have already begun my strategy for weaning....just buy a smaller bag....so we'll see. Wish me luck!!

P.S. Isn't acknowledging you have a problem the first step to recovery??

2 comments:

Kathy said...

halloween is coming up. I'm sure you can get tons of them on sale. Don't get too many though as they do get stale. I had the same addiction in h.s. Just yesterday I saw some at TRU but held off. Mostly it was bc Leo can't have them and Mazie would want them so I thought it better to resist.

Molsmomof3 said...

Good thinking, I usually take those out of the kids' buckets too!! Mary likes them but usually can only have 1/2 of one...she drools! So far I have resisited...we'll see!