Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Seattle....BUSTED!!

Yes, Paul took his exam and well, not so good. Even though we don't (and won't) have the results for a while, he did not have enough time to answer all the questions. He felt good about knowing the material, just not enough time. Paul is pretty sure he won't make it even though there could still be a chance! Soooo, no Seattle for me. Well, I technically am supposed to go anyway but, we are going on a 15 day road trip and I have used up all of my vacation time at work. I am very proud of him though and will enjoy the fact that I have him until next year! Let the projects begin!!



Also on the homefront, We received Houghton's sumer homework for next year. I am excited. Good books and he is encouraged to "write, write, write" and so the both of us are going to work on journaling. Also, we are going to write about our roadtrip. He also received a recommendation from his music teacher to try out for the boys choir.



It made me smile since Paul is still in the Alumni choir (now called 'the Masters') so we talked about it since it will be a big commitment on Houghton's part as well as ours. Fortunately the choir building is not too far from home. We will have some juggling to do I am sure since he will still be swimming. He decided to forgo soccer this fall to do choir....so we'll see. It's Pauls job to call and set up the audition.



Mary and I are still doing swim lessons for the remainder of the month. Then, once school is out we are going to play it by ear since there's a lot going on. She is swimming soo well!! She is also potty training. I don't remember Houghton being this difficult. She really picks and chooses when she wants to go on the potty. At least now, she's choosing to go more on the potty but it's definitely on her terms!



We spent Mother's Day at the Wildlife World Zoo. It was nice me and the kids and my mom and Glen went. It was very nice weather, a little on the warm side, but good. It is a nice zoo but expensive!! They do have the white (albino) alligator. According to the sign they keep it inside so that it won't get sunburned! So, Mary was very excited and jumped up and down and so did the alligator, right at the glass! Mary screamed and was freaked out! The alligator was attacking the glass!! Knowing that the glass was there made it funny, but really kinda creepy! Needless to say if you ask her about the trip she'll tell you "the alligator scared me!" It's cute!!



This is Houghton and Mary in Grandma & Grandpas tree after our trip to the zoo!

No comments: