Friday, May 02, 2008

Pack rat NO MORE

So, I am trying really hard (or trying to try really hard) to throw things out. I have lots of things saved. I have now enlisted a self-help book to "help" me. Strangely enough in the book the author talks about how people buy organizing materials, containers shelves etc. but don't realize that 20cu ft of stuff is not going to fit into 10cu ft of space. No matter how you rearrange it. So, since I think he wrote this book specifically for me (amazing since we've never met), I am going to give it a shot. I just wish I had more time. (don't we all!?) Paul is thoroughly excited and is doing his best to be encouraging. I also know he's not really holding his breath!

Things are always crazy around here and I have been totally exhausted by the end of the day I haven't really gotten much done. I think I might have to rearrange my schedule and actually "schedule" cleaning time. It is a bit overwhelming and I am trying to take one room at a time.
My reward is going to be paint. Yes, paint. I really want to paint the whole house and do some home improvement stuff so once I clean out the clutter hopefully it will make everything easier to do some painting etc. That's what I keep telling myself anyway.

No comments: