Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Swim...

We spent this past weekend in Tucson...I have to say it was just a taste for our vacation coming up where we'll get to spend more time.....cannot wait!!

The reason we were there was because Houghton had a swim meet there. It was really nice and we got to use our canopy/tent thingy. I worked out great and kept us out of the sun...a great investment.

Houghton did really well...probably his best meet to date!! I am soooo proud of him! He even got going early ....warm-ups started at 6am both days!! By Sunday, he was dragging!!

He swam the 100m breast, 100m free, 50m free, 50m breast, 50m back, & 50m fly

He got DQ'd on the 100m breast because when he dove in, his first stroke was freestyle but other than that once he switched to breast he swam 100m of breaststroke "legally" it was awesome...he has struggled with that .....he really worked hard! He also got DQ'd on the 50m backstroke because on the start his feet were up too high on the edge of the pool (something his coaches never addressed) and I thought the ref's should have excused but oh well.

He gained time on some of his events but those were on Sunday when he was just pooped!!

He was soo excited that Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Julia and Tio Rene were all there....and Mary too! She's a good cheerleader (Just like her Nina!)


I was also exhausted...Mary didn't sleep well in the hotel and I still had to be up to get Houghton to warm-ups and to get a good spot for the canopy! On Sunday I also had to drive back...fortunately we got done way earlier than I expected!

No comments: