Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bloodletting....almost

So, In an effort to do good I decided to donate blood. It does not bother me or give me heebie jeebies. That and they were right there at work (and a coupon for free pizza :) sign me up!!
Soooo, I go, sign in, wait my turn. They ask a bunch of questions, no I have not been out of the country in the past 3 months or have had "relations" with anyone HIV positive or used illegal drugs. I passed so far, then the finger prick (worse than the straw used to drain your pint-in my opinion) to make sure I'm not anemic (nope). Soooo, apparently while taking my vitals the tech noticed an irregular pulse, on both wrists. Soooo, apparently I may have an underlying "condition" which given that I have been at the dentist several times these past weeks, (they take my blood pressure and pulse every time!) I was a little put off.

I am sure I don't have a problem but now...the hypochondriac in me now needs to check with my doc. My mom (the nurse) assures my women have that happen a lot. So I can wait. However, I am a little miffed about them not taking my blood. The tech even said I could go to wherever they are tomorrow and have no problem....UGH!! TAKE MY BLOOD ALREADY!!! It makes me mad. My mom pointed out that I am more upset they told me "NO". (I had an epiphany...That's where Mary gets it...Ahh HA!!) I know they need it...my blood type is O+ good for many people....

Now I'm not so sure I want to give it to them......

No comments: