Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Just keep swimming....just keep swimming....

It's my new mantra, given that I have seen "Finding Nemo" for the 25th time in 5 days. At least. I do love the movie but I could recite it in my sleep.
Mary & I have been sick for the last 10 days or so. It started as allergies/cold whatever. Now we're both on antibiotics and slowly getting better (I think) Mary is on breathing treatments...hence the many repeats of "Finding Nemo" It really is the only thing that keeps her still for the treatment. We tried "Cinderella" but that didn't work....she kept asking for the "bishies" (Mary speak for fishies!)

She is also anti-breakfast food....she can't get enough of the chewy granola bars. As for a snack that's ok but not for breakfast....We are also eating our fill of "kickies" (Mary speak for chicken nuggets) She will eat them at any time and will stand at the freezer and scream "KICKIES" first thing in the morning. I have no problem with that but it is a little odd. I do have to make sure I feed her a good variety of stuff without too much processed crap.

That leads me to my new quest. Feeding my family (and me) more fresh foods. I am trying to incorporate more fresh veggies and whole grains with our meals. It can be more expensive grocery-wise but I am confidant it's worth it. Don't worry I still make my many deserts! I am trying to get my butt in gear and start working out.....Paul thought it would be a good idea to get the "dance, dance revolution" for the playstation. It would be funny to see all of us dancing around and getting a workout at the same time. Houghton is even excited since he has done it in gym class. We'll keep ya posted!

No comments: