Monday, August 20, 2012

Here we go again

Week 3 begins today!  I can't believe the kids have already completed 2 weeks of school.

I think we're settling in nicely.  Well, the kids are.  I'm still trying to find structure to my day.
Simon and I get to hang out together during the day and it's nice.  I am trying to get into a routine for Simon's sake and to get out of the house but so far, it's not working very well. 

I have many things around the house that need to be organized/cleaned up.  And these aren't the things that are "nice to do".  They are functional things.  Like cleaning up my desk and all the piles surrounding it.  Also, the kitchen is kind of a mess. (I did organize our dishes though :)

I have also begun purging all the baby things we no longer need.  I have Simon in a "big boy" bed and have removed his changing table.  I had to clean out his closet and have relocated most of my craft stuff to my room (hence the messy piles). 

I have lots of ideas and am pretty much swimming in indecisiveness with my organizational skills.

I am now home full time, it's absolutely awesome and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  I am however trying to manage my new role at home and I am overwhelmed.  The bad part about that is... I tend to do nothing when overwhelmed, instead of just picking something and doing it.  That's also where all my ideas and well meanings get stuck. I am doing enough to get by around here and well, I'm not happy with that.  I do have to say my awesome hubby has been super supportive and patient with me. 

Facebook & Pinterest have sucked me in BIG TIME!  I am trying to avoid them but....not always so good at it.

Maybe I'll at least post some pics of my projects...if I get to them :)


No comments: