Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Getting Better

Ok, so I feel like I am on the upswing now. I am getting my voice back...albeit a little horse. I have been able to eat and am not in pain as much. It is still quite hard to swallow without concentration and my tongue still feels swollen. It feels like forever not just a week ago that I had surgery! I am still taking the pain meds. It makes it easier to eat and drink. I am returning to work on Fri. so we'll see how that goes!

Mary has been quite the cutie lately. She is talking up a storm. She now says her name. It comes out kinda like "Mewy" If she gets the "M" in it. Very cute! She also is saying two word sentences like, "Mewy dop-dops" or "Mewy gink" (Translation: Mary flip-flops and Mary drink)
She will repeat the name of whatever object you tell her. It's fun!! She is still very determined when she sets her mind to something. She'll take you by the hand and direct you...if you don't get it she'll throw a fit. That's usually when I walk away...she doesn't last long!

No comments: